Discounts for all OAPs. Contact us to find out more...
What we Treat
This is the area of physiotherapy concerned with the structure and function if the human body, restoring and maintaining mobility to the required level, usually following an accident or injury maximising potential. Musculoskeletal physiotherapy involves working with bones,joints,nerves, ligaments, tendons and spinal discs. We use physical approaches that involve not only manipulation, but also manual assessment and treatment techniques, including:-
- thouroughly assessing you
- explaining your problem in detail
- progressing as quickly as possible
- showing you how to stay pain free for as long as possible
- soft tissue massage
- myofascial release
- postural and gait advice and education
- advise on pain management
- electrotherapy, including electro acupuncture
- Therapeutic exercise
We offer assessment and treatment of a wide range of conditions, providing a servicethat will help you make the most of your abilities.
Specialist treatment for:- Stroke, MS, Parkinsons, PSP, PBP, spinal and head injuries, cerebral palsy, vestibular disfunction, BPPV, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and more.
Treatment can be provided in your own home, care home, workplace, or in day centres. We can also see you in our Carlisle clinic.
We complete a full and comprehensive assessment of your condition,abilities & restriction and formulate a personalised treatment plan and realistic timescale to achieve your goals.
Orthopaedic post operative physiotherapy is needed because the success of your surgery doesn't finish when you leave the operating theatre. You will almost certainly require exercise progression to fully regain your strength, fkexibility and function. The quickest, safest and easiest way to return to your day to day activities is by consulting us. We will happily assist with:-
Make an appointment to progress your recovery.
- Shoulder - reconstruction, stabilisation,rotator cuff repair,acromioplasty,capsulotomy, fracture.
- Elbow - tennis/golfers elbow release. fracture.
- Wrist & Hand - carpal tunnel release, fracture, tendon repair
- Hip - relacement/resurfacing, hip labral repairs, arthroscopy,fracture
- Knee - replacement,ACL/PCL reconstruction, arthroscopy, meniscal repair. chondroplasty,lateral release,patella tendon transfer,fracture
- Calf - Achilles tendon repair, fasciotomy
- Ankle & Foot - Ankle reconstruction, ligament repair, arthroscopy, fracture, spur removal, bunionectomy,ORIF.
- Spine - neck & back, discectomy, micro discectomy, laminectomy, spinal fusion/stability
We are happy to prepare reports that may be required following any accident or injury, and to work with other health care professionals who may also be involved. As a mamber of the Medico-Legal section of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, we offer the highest standard of work.
Reiki is a simple Japanese energy balancing method used all over the world. Anyone can benefit from a course of Reiki, no matter what your age or state of health may be, and beneficial changes can take place over a fairly short period of time. Reiki can produce:-
Reiki can also help you to:-
- deep relaxation
- reduced stress and anxiety
- boosted energy levels
- A feeling of inner calm, contentment and serenity
- A speeding up of the natural healing process
- feel more positive, confident and better able to cope
- deal better with stress and difficult situations
- help with PTSD
- develop a strong sense of purpose and clear thinking
- remove some of the "clutter" from your life
- enjoy a better quality of life
Receiving Reiki from a fully qualified Master Reiki Practitioner, registered with the Reiki Federation and tha Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Energy Medicine, is a simple process. You will lie on a treatment table, and the practitioner will gently lay their hands on your body, in a series of hand positions on your head torso and legs, sometimes hovering the hands above your body. Each hand possition is held for a few minutes.
What might I feel?
deep relaxation, heat from the practitioners hands, perhaps tingling, a feeling of floating or sinking; or perhaps nothing at all. It varies a lot from one person to the other, but no matter what you feel during the treatment, Reiki is giving you what you need, and you will feel the benefits build up after the treatments.
We are able to treat you in your own home, workplace, care home or day centre as this may be easier and more convenient for you, just let us know when you make the appointment enquiry'
What we treat
- Sports injurues
- Head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Orthopaedic conditions
- and more...